Would you like the opportunity to work with some of the world’s largest brands?
DCS Group is the UK’s leading Distributor, Manufacturer and Exporter of Health Beauty and Household products. As the uniquely appointed representatives for Procter & Gamble, Unilever, Johnson & Johnson, PZ Cussons, SC Johnson to name a few, DCS has unrivalled multi-channel insight and category expertise. Our latest exciting plans to develop and grow our new Food distribution business has seen major brands such as Whitworths and Danone joining forces with DCS.
DCS Group is passionate and proud about all that we do, the customers we serve and our people. Operating out of two amazing sites, we have the 26-acre Banbury Head Office and warehousing facilities as well as our new state of the art Health and Beauty manufacturing facility occupying 100,000 sq. ft based in Redditch.
As a family-owned business, we are very proud of our ethos, our people and 26 years of successive growth. We offer a very special opportunity of being able to join a welcoming, dynamic, fun place to work, and to work directly with the world’s biggest FMCG power brands.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced and reliable Setter to join us on a permanent, full-time basis working on the 14.00-22.00 shift, Monday to Friday at our Manufacturing division on site in Redditch.
As a Setter, your duties will include:
- Ensuring the correct set-up for production and smooth mechanical operation of production and mixing equipment
- Organising, planning and maintaining production lines to ensure they are running to the expected production rates, quality and cost
- Carry out line changeovers in a timely and efficient manner and in line with defined standard operating procedures, investigating and diagnosing any operational problems affecting production
- Setting up equipment to the relevant standard of production rates and quality, ensuring line productivity is set to optimum fill speed
- Ensuring the health, safety, cleanliness and security of the work environment is maintained i.e. tool storage, PPE is issued and used
What we are looking for in our ideal Setter:
- Ideally you would have a minimum Level 2 (NVQ/Intermediate Apprenticeship) qualification in a technical discipline i.e. mechanical or electrical engineering or equivalent proven experience
- You will already have experience of working in a manufacturing/industrial environment in a similar position so will already come with good mechanical engineering skills
- You will have good attention to detail and logic, displaying analytical and diagnostic competences
- You will thrive working in a team, building good working relationships
- You will be solution focused and persistent in pursuing resolution to recurring problems
- You will have a natural desire for continuous improvement
Core benefits of working for DCS Group:
As a family business, we place a great deal of importance on the well-being and happiness of our staff and the benefits they can enjoy.
- Life Cover
- Medical Cash Plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Staff Shop
- Social Events
There’s no place quite like DCS Group and we’re proud of that, which is all down to the people who work here. If you want to be part of our expanding company which offers exciting opportunities for career progression, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, complete the form below attaching your CV and detailing your salary expectations. Alternatively, contact the Recruitment Team at email@example.com or telephone 01789 208000 to request an application form.