Would you like the opportunity to work with some of the world’s largest brands?
DCS Group is the UK’s leading Distributor, Manufacturer and Exporter of Health Beauty and Household products. As the uniquely appointed representatives for Procter & Gamble, Unilever, Johnson & Johnson, PZ Cussons, SC Johnson to name a few, DCS has unrivalled multi-channel insight and category expertise. Our latest exciting plans to develop and grow our new Food distribution business has seen major brands such as Whitworths and Danone joining forces with DCS.
DCS Group is passionate and proud about all that we do, the customers we serve and our people. Operating out of two amazing sites, we have the 26-acre Banbury Head Office and warehousing facilities as well as our new state of the art Health and Beauty manufacturing facility occupying 100,000 sq. ft based in Redditch.
As a family-owned business, we are very proud of our ethos, our people and 26 years of successive growth. We offer a very special opportunity of being able to join a welcoming, dynamic, fun place to work, and to work directly with the world’s biggest FMCG power brands.
We are currently looking to recruit an conscientious and reliable Purchasing Assistant to join us on a permanent, full-time basis working 09.00-17.00 at our Manufacturing division on site in Redditch.
As a Purchasing Assistant, your duties will include:
- Assist with overseeing the supply chain and procurement of all materials
- Procuring materials within budgets and on time to progress works and produce monthly budgetary control reports on all materials purchased
- Identify potential new suppliers
- Resolve disputes and account queries with suppliers
- Provide cover for the rest of the team as and when required
What we are looking for in our ideal Purchasing Assistant:
- You must have purchasing/buying experience
- Experience of plastic packaging or packaging global search is desirable
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships and liaise effectively with customers and suppliers
- You will have excellent time management and prioritisation skills and be able to work effectively in a busy environment
- You must have a good standard of numerical and accuracy ability - being right, first time
Core benefits of working for DCS Group:
As a family business, we place a great deal of importance on the well-being and happiness of our staff and the benefits they can enjoy.
- Life Cover
- Medical Cash Plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Staff Shop
- Social Events
There’s no place quite like DCS Group and we’re proud of that, which is all down to the people who work here. If you want to be part of our expanding company which offers exciting opportunities for career progression, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, complete the form below attaching your CV and detailing your salary expectations. Alternatively, contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01789 208000 to request an application form.