Would you like the opportunity to work with some of the world’s largest brands?
DCS Group provides our customers with an innovative and unrivalled supply of market leading branded products, by being the trusted supply chain partner and manufacturer of FMCG brands.
We have expanded over 26 years to fulfil more of our customers' needs and now comprises of several business divisions. We are consumer insight and data-led in everything we do, and pride ourselves on taking the time to intimately understand our customers.
Our Sales & Distribution division are experts in UK retail, wholesale and specialist routes to market. Working in tandem with our Co-Packing division to provide consumer and customer relevant packaging solutions. Our Export division distributes market leading British FMCG brands internationally. In addition, our Manufacturing division proudly makes Health & Beauty products here in Britain at our 100,000 square foot factory.
We are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic and reliable Packaging Technologist to join us on a permanent, full-time basis working 40 hours per week at our Manufacturing division on site in Redditch.
As a Packaging Technologist, your duties will include:
- Lead packaging IR investigations at pace in an efficient manner to determine resolutions to packaging, factory, customer complaints and quality issues.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to assess component and line capability; identify and manage line trial requisition and attend production line trials as Packaging expert.
- Creation of Pallet plan/pattern (Product Spec) to align with customer expectations and to fit Warehouse guidelines
- Review customer supplied artwork files against the chosen supplier capabilities and applicable packaging labeling regulations, whilst ensuring agreed product costings are maintained, and Manage print proofs and pass-on press process and activities required to print labels and artworks, attend in person if necessary.
- Identify and manage the completion of packaging testing protocols from the testing matrix against chosen packaging formats, including in-house testing like compatibility and weight loss testing.
What we are looking for in our ideal Packaging Technologist:
- You will be enthusiastic and self motivated
- You will have good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a production setting is desirable
- Good project, time management and team working skills
- Experience working in cosmetics or healthcare products advantageous.
Core benefits of working for DCS Group:
As a family business, we place a great deal of importance on the well-being and happiness of our staff and the benefits they can enjoy.
- Life Cover
- Medical Cash Plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Staff Shop
- Social Events
There’s no place quite like DCS Group and we’re proud of that, which is all down to the people who work here. If you want to be part of our expanding company which offers exciting opportunities for career progression, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, complete the form below attaching your CV and detailing your salary expectations. Alternatively, contact the Recruitment Team at email@example.com