Would you like the opportunity to work with some of the world’s largest brands?
DCS Group is the UK’s leading Distributor, Manufacturer and Exporter of Health Beauty and Household products. As the uniquely appointed representatives for Procter & Gamble, Unilever, Johnson & Johnson, PZ Cussons, SC Johnson to name a few, DCS has unrivalled multi-channel insight and category expertise. Our latest exciting plans to develop and grow our new Food distribution business has seen major brands such as Whitworths and Danone joining forces with DCS.
DCS Group is passionate and proud about all that we do, the customers we serve and our people. Operating out of two amazing sites, we have the 26-acre Banbury Head Office and warehousing facilities as well as our new state of the art Health and Beauty manufacturing facility occupying 100,000 sq. ft based in Redditch.
As a family-owned business, we are very proud of our ethos, our people and 26 years of successive growth. We offer a very special opportunity of being able to join a welcoming, dynamic, fun place to work, and to work directly with the world’s biggest FMCG power brands.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced and reliable Counterbalance/Yardperson to join us on a permanent, full-time basis working on the 14.00-22.00 at our Sales & Distribution division on site in Banbury.
As a Counterbalance/Yardperson, your duties will include:
- Ensure loaded pallets are adequately wrapped to prevent damage during transit
- Load and unload vehicles using a counterbalance truck in a timely manner and in accordance with goods in/out schedules ensuring that handling equipment is used safely and that regulations are followed
- Follow the load sheet and check that the correct number of pallets have been loaded onto the correct vehicle
- Perform other general warehouse duties as required
- Regularly clean trucks and in accordance with the predetermined schedule and ensuring that a high level of health and safety is maintained at all times
What we are looking for in our ideal Counterbalance/Yardperson:
- You must already have a current counterbalance licence and be able to provide certificates to evidence this. In addition, if you have a Shunters licence as well, this will be a distinct advantage
- You will have previous experience of working in a busy warehouse environment
- You will be used to working in a outside/in a cold environment
- You will have basic computer skills i.e. be able to use in house software, be able to send emails, etc.
- You are able to communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally. You will also have good numeracy skills
Core benefits of working for DCS Group:
As a family business, we place a great deal of importance on the well-being and happiness of our staff and the benefits they can enjoy.
- Life Cover
- Medical Cash Plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Subsidised Cafe including free breakfast
- Staff Shop
- Social Events
There’s no place quite like DCS Group and we’re proud of that, which is all down to the people who work here. If you want to be part of our expanding company which offers exciting opportunities for career progression, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, complete the form below attaching your CV and detailing your salary expectations. Alternatively, contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01789 208000 to request an application form.