Would you like the opportunity to work with some of the world’s largest brands?
DCS Group is the UK’s leading Distributor, Manufacturer and Exporter of Health Beauty and Household products. As the uniquely appointed representatives for Procter & Gamble, Unilever, Johnson & Johnson, PZ Cussons, SC Johnson to name a few, DCS has unrivalled multi-channel insight and category expertise. Our latest exciting plans to develop and grow our new Food distribution business has seen major brands such as Whitworths and Danone joining forces with DCS.
DCS Group is passionate and proud about all that we do, the customers we serve and our people. Operating out of two amazing sites, we have the 26-acre Banbury Head Office and warehousing facilities as well as our new state of the art Health and Beauty manufacturing facility occupying 100,000 sq. ft based in Redditch.
As a family-owned business, we are very proud of our ethos, our people and 26 years of successive growth. We offer a very special opportunity of being able to join a welcoming, dynamic, fun place to work, and to work directly with the world’s biggest FMCG power brands.
Due to internal promotion, we are currently looking to recruit two conscientious and passionate Commercial Managers to join us on a permanent, full-time basis working 09:00-17:00 at our Sales & Distribution division in Banbury.
As a Commercial Manager, your duties will include:
- As a brand ambassador, you will be responsible for owning and developing category growth within the Wholesale, Convenience, E-commerce and Health sectors, increasing cash-flow by managing supplier aged/disputed debt and recovering costs associated with residuals, overstocks and out of date stock
- Providing customers with a tailored category management approach, offering them a range of products and promotions to meet their individual needs
- Communicating and negotiating at all levels, both internally and externally, developing a clear communication channel between our sales team and all supported customers
- Representation at DCS meetings, events and seminars, building strong relationships with a variety of networks, including customers and suppliers
- Owning the end to end product recall process, ensuring compliance is met at every stage
What we are looking for in our ideal Commercial Manager:
- Having at least 3 years' experience in a similar role, you will have excellent commercial awareness gained from working within an FMCG environment, supporting wholesale and discount channels
- You will have outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills, being able to communicate and negotiate effortlessly at all levels with internal and external customers
- You will be highly motivated, confident, outgoing with a can-do attitude
- You are flexible to change and thrive in a busy environment, being able to prioritise workload and make effective commercial decisions under pressure
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment and are highly team orientated
Core benefits of working for DCS Group:
As a family business, we place a great deal of importance on the well-being and happiness of our staff and the benefits they can enjoy.
- Life Cover
- Medical Cash Plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Subsidised Cafe including free breakfast
- Staff Shop
- Social Events
There’s no place quite like DCS Group and we’re proud of that, which is all down to the people who work here. If you want to be part of our expanding company which offers exciting opportunities for career progression, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, complete the form below attaching your CV and detailing your salary expectations. Alternatively, contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01789 208000 to request an application form.