Head of SHEQ
Division: Head Office
Would you like the opportunity to work with some of the world’s largest brands?
DCS Group is the UK’s leading Distributor, Manufacturer and Exporter of Health Beauty and Household products. As the uniquely appointed representatives for Procter & Gamble, Unilever, Johnson & Johnson, PZ Cussons, SC Johnson to name a few, DCS has unrivalled multi-channel insight and category expertise. Our latest exciting plans to develop and grow our new Food distribution business has seen major brands such as Whitworths and Danone joining forces with DCS.
DCS Group is passionate and proud about all that we do, the customers we serve and our people. Operating out of two amazing sites, we have the 26-acre Banbury Head Office and warehousing facilities as well as our new state of the art Health and Beauty manufacturing facility occupying 100,000 sq. ft based in Redditch.
As a family-owned business, we are very proud of our ethos, our people and 26 years of successive growth. We offer a very special opportunity of being able to join a welcoming, dynamic, fun place to work, and to work directly with the world’s biggest FMCG power brands.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced and conscientious Head of SHEQ to join us on a permanent, full-time basis. You can be based at either our Banbury or Redditch site, but will need to support both locations and travel between them regularly.
As a Head of SHEQ, your duties will include:
- Oversee and manage all safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ) requirements across DCS, developing and maintaining the SHEQ change programme to embed and develop a positive culture across the organisation
- Drive and improve employee engagement, safety and quality within the group, by providing professional advice and support on all SHEQ matters too all levels meeting legal responsibilities, maintaining accreditations and promoting best practice
- Be responsible for developing safety policies, audits, reporting, analysis and outlining operational objectives and driving continuous improvement
- Line management of x2 direct reports
What we are looking for in our ideal Head of SHEQ:
- You will have at least 3 years experience in a SHEQ management role
- You must hold a current NEBOSH Certificate and be willing to work towards the NEBOSH Diploma
- You will have in depth knowledge of ISO standards and management systems. Having a Lead ISO 9001 Internal Auditor Certificate would be a distinct advantage
- You will be prepared to support a multi-site business and travel between locations as regularly as required
- You will have experience of management a team
Core benefits of working for DCS Group:
As a family business, we place a great deal of importance on the well-being and happiness of our staff and the benefits they can enjoy.
- Life Cover
- Medical Cash Plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Subsidised Cafe including free breakfast
- Staff Shop
- Social Events
There’s no place quite like DCS Group and we’re proud of that, which is all down to the people who work here. If you want to be part of our expanding company which offers exciting opportunities for career progression, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, complete the form below attaching your CV and detailing your salary expectations. Alternatively, contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01789 208000 to request an application form.